Monday 2 April 2012

Welcome to Sarajevo!

So, we have been here for just over two months, and what a two months it has been! We have seen temperatures drop to -20 degrees and the most snowfall the country has seen in 26 years, a staggering 1.5 meters. We have skiied, met lovely new people, drunk beer at the brewery, visited the Tunnel Museum and started to explore this beautiful country. And so far, with what we have seen and experienced, we are very excited about the next couple of years ahead of us!

Having left my home in London, my career, friends and family to move to Sarajevo with my partner who has secured a job out here, I can honestly say it has been an exciting, enjoyable and somewhat nerve wracking start to our time out here and so far and we love it! Much to the relief of my Mother!

I promised myself I would write a blog, to capture the things we get up to during our travels, not just for friends and family back home, but for others who might also be considering a move to this part of the world and also those who are already here enjoying life in the Bosnia.

I have put my career in Event Management and Marketing on hold, I have turned my hand to baking, a skill which I thought would be transferable world-over, wherever we end up. After all, everyone loves cake right? So, to earn my keep I am going to try to make a living out of baking good honest home cooked British food for ex-pats here in Sarajevo. At this stage, I am offering, bespoke cupcakes, scones, biscuits, quiches, pudding and seasonal favorites (hot cross buns, mince pies, Christmas cakes etc), however the slight twist (and dare I say challenge) on all of this, is that I only have Bosnian ingredients at my disposal!

So, my aim is to share what I learn here, along with interesting things we learn about Bosnia and the Balkans as we discover more of it... I hope this makes for interesting reading! Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment