Thursday 5 April 2012

If you cant bake it, buy it!

I woke up yesterday morning with a bizarre craving for a Hot Cross Bun. Under normal circumstances (ie: when in the UK) I am partial a toasted Hot Cross Bun with melted butter, however, up until this point I wasn't even missing these Easter treats.



Realising that I wasn't going to be able to pop to Marks and Spencer to buy a packet, I went online and found a recipe so I could make a batch. Much to my delight, I could get all the ingredients locally... so off I went!

After plenty of kneading, knocking back and proving I had a delicious batch of Hot Cross Buns! It was definitely worth the wait and I think they tasted even better than normal. It was at this point I realised that we are not going to have to miss much about the UK in terms of food as I have a Kenwood Mixer, various blenders, a good selection of cook books and plenty of time to be able to make and bake things I wouldn't normally in the UK. How exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment